Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where to find a used steering column for a 57 chev, with column change.

5

Asked by Sep 19, 2009 at 01:53 AM about the 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

I am in New Zealand and my car is right hand drive. Have seen all the after market ones, but really want to use an original steering wheel, which apparently won't fit on the aftermarket columns. Thanks

505

Hi, Try www.car-parts.com

15

I'm wondering if the NZ right-hand drive columns are the same as the US ones? My NZ 57 Belair didn't have the original column when I got it, so the question is, what column did they use and was the column change on the left-hand side?

5

That is the question!!! I have looked at a lot of right hook 57 chevs, and a lot have been converted to floor shift, which I just don't want. My steering column was butchered but it appears that the column change was on the left. The joys of buying someone elses unfinished project. :)