I have a 1993 s-10 Blazer fuel pump fuse size

85

Asked by Oct 24, 2011 at 02:05 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer

I have a 1993 s-10 Blazer with the 4.3 liter Vortex under the hood. It is 4 wheel drive adn i keep blowing the fuse for my fuel pup. it has a 10 amp fuse put in the slot. Is that the correct size? I have called and asked my GM dealership and they can't tell me. Anyone got any ideas and could you check your fuel pump fuse size it is in the middle row of the fuse box under the dash third one up from the bottom

3,215

there r 4 rows and the one that runs fuel pump is a 10 amp called ECM B in the bottom left corner unplug fuel pump connector andput new fuse in and see if it blows when key is turned on if it doesnt the fuel pump is probably bad

85

It only happens when i hit a bump just right. i checked for bare wires from the pump up to the fuse box and there are no bare wires. and the fuel pump was replaced in July.

3,215

jumper a 10 amp circuit breaker in place of fuse and with key on wiggle wires all around while test light is in place in circuit to let u know u stop getting power so u dont have keep checking circuit breaker and will reset if tripped when u move a wire and the light goes out u know u found the location may have punched a wire while pump went in or intermintent short in harness in tank bang on tank to see if it tripped thats all u can do

85

I have a feeling the short is behind the fuse box. when it happened on my way home from work this morning when i was down replacing the fuse i had a burning smell coming from under the dash board,.

3,215

look for melted wires were the wires come out for that fuse