I have reoccuring issues with my chevy K1500 5.7 liter ext. cab/ service engine light comes on randomly and causes hard shifting and power loss while running also blinkers, and brakelights dont work?

Asked by Mar 12, 2016 at 05:06 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500

I have issues with my truck but only when it wants to... it starts great runs like a champ until,  my service engine light comes on at random... now my truck looses power wont go over 2500 rpms, and can barley make it to 60 mph on the freeways, it shifts hard with a slight delay and clunk while driving, and shifting through the gears sitting still.  If I get to a red light and turn my key off and shut truck down, ill wait and turn my truck back on by the time the light turns green the service engine light turns off and my truck runs just fine no problems. my truck has lost all power and bogged down once trying to accelerate from center lane into traffic and I had to crawl out to get to 10 mph before it got power back. these things only happen when the service engine light comes on at random. also, my windshield wipers work randomly at will and will keep going after I turn them off, they'll stop in the middle of my windshield at random or if I wiggle the switch, or shake my steering wheel. running lights work with head lights but my brake lights on my bed don't light up with brake pedal, only the light on cab does, nether blinker works in back and the front right blinker doesn't work anymore either. we've replaced all the bulbs, no effect. my brake lights and blinkers have gone out one by one, on and off over time and now they don't work at all anymore. my engine has over 200,000 miles on it but my transmission has been serviced last year and guarantied for 100,000 more miles. I have an engine leak that causes me to put about quart a month or so into it. I cant figure out what is going on with my truck, but its getting dangerous. the issues are so random, and so odd, I just say it haunted. there's almost a new problem every day. subwoofer has gone ballistic when I hit brake pedal.  2ce only.  stereo has fluxuated volume, power steering has come on and off, and a few times my brakes get over sensitive and feels like its trying to activate ABS upon the first depression of the brake pedal after starting cold. only every once in a while. there are two amplifiers and a subwoofer in my truck along with a bored out high intake system with a cleanable cannon filter,  anyone please help give me an idea how to approach this. my truck is completely unpredictable!

Too many problems in one post, I lost interest. Try spreading them out.

sorry... tell me about it. the issues in my truck are all random and I cant tell what's affecting what. so I figured id put it all out there. my bf sais it all due to my after market stereo, sub and amps wired into something wrong, but I don't see how that effects the shifting or anything else that goes on while driving...

That all depends on who wired it in, and where they wired it in. I can start giving you some answers but not on the stereo wiring. If I did it then I would.

yeah, I had the sound system checked at a automotive shop that installs sound systems early last year, they didn't find anything wired incorrectly. but the engine light comes on when it wants too, either at start or while driving, its soo unpredictable I don't know where to start looking.all of my engine symptoms are at random and only when the light comes on. I can turn my truck off when the engine light is on, and then turn it right back on and the engine light goes off, and it has NO shifting or power loss problems. just doesn't make sence...

Does all this happen when the stereo is blasting? Amps are turned on? I'm thinking a weak alternator.

no, all of this happens when the service engine light comes on. the light can come on while driving, or first starting, or sitting in park. this happens not even every day, I drive every day at least 30 miles. ive been able to drive for days without problems, but when that light comes on, I shift bad driving and sitting still through all its gears, and loose power upon acceleration, and rpms wont go over 2500 on the freeway getting to 60 mph takes forever with the pedal to the floor.

I wonder if the catalytic converter would be starting to get plugged up. May want to have that checked out. The deal on your wipers is that there is a control module in the wiper motor that goes bad and can be replaced cheaper than buying a hole new wiper motor.