Smoke from new front brakes.

10

Asked by Mar 21, 2014 at 07:03 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet C/K 1500

I just bought a 95 Chevy CK 1500, it was sitting in the same spot for about 1 1/2 year
or 2 years. I've been slowing working on it and finally got in running. It didn't take long
for some other problem to appear. The front end of my truck shook when I pressed the
brakes and my brake pedal was throbbing while I was shaking.. So I replaced the
rotors, calipers, and brake hoses.. The next day I took it to work and it didn't shake at
all.. When I got off work, I was on my way to a tire shop to get new tires and get the
truck balanced but on the way there the brake pads starting smelling horrible(I know it
does it for new pads, but this was different) and started smoking ALOT.. Not only did
adding that stuff seem to make the truck worse(as in its never smoked the 5 months Ive
had it) It probably is warping my rotors.. So please if anyone knows what could cause
this or have an Idea. Please, I'm open to anything.

(Oh, I didnt get my tires or it balanced yet. I took it straight home and parked it till I can
find a fix)

246,305

Did you lube your caliper pins? Are the calipers frozen?

10

When I bought them, they were already lubed. I have no idea. I mean its doing the exact same thing the old ones did. So I figured replacing them would fix it. But it hasn't.

96,725

Did you flush the brake fluid? If there is water in the system it will turn to steam and set the brakes until it cools off and the brakes release.

18,765

also, keep in mind the front could be working perfectly while the back is not. Its common for the adjuster in the back to mess up. It only takes one side to be messed up for both back brakes to not work. I had this happen on 3 different trucks last year that were warping rotors

10

Well I figured it out, It was actually the master cylinder. I replaced that and got new tires and I drove it all day without a single shake! xD