Ford Bronco

Asked by Oct 27, 2010 at 06:14 PM about the 1989 Ford Bronco II

got a 89 ford bronco || 2.9 engine cranks bt wont start any suggestions?? was running fine then just died out while driving

25

check ur fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition, distributer, spark plugs... how many miles does it have on it? im bettin on fuel pump (would cause ur fuel filter to clog too, fuel pumps just a piece of shit, i mean plastic) but idk. mine just sits there so i cnt say about any problems ive had. i need a new motor mount and a tranny. lol shes not active rite now. mite wanna check your fuel injectors too. its a ford, dnt be surprised if a Really Big Leaf clogged the throttle body. lmao

40

check the ground wire by the battery there is a black wire with a clip just behind the battery on the - neg side or the gas cut off under the glovebox and under the carpet on the left side looking at the floor

5

fuel filter

turn your key switch on,listen to see if u here a humming sound from gas tank,if not fuel pump is gone,also check the ECM fuse,if it is blown it wont crank or kick in the fuel pump.

5

if your broke like me i would just start with changing the fuel filter and see if it starts

10

its your module on the dizzy

we have a 1988 ford bronco eddie bauer editon. just bought it. runs good but occasionally will just cut off. son was driving to work and it cut off and would start up but no steering. we got it home and it drove just fine. any ideas?