electrical

10

Asked by Mar 26, 2013 at 11:46 AM about the 2006 Ford Focus

my car has been sitting for about 2-3 months, but i start it at least once a week. the other day, i tried to take my car out for a road test and i was able to drive around for about 5 minutes. I then decided to take the car a little further and all of a sudden the car died. I have tried to jump it and nothing. i turn the key and no sound is produced. I have had my battery tested and was told it was fine. I got a code reader from a auto parts store and the message i get is 'operating error, check connections'

help!

,,,again this sounds like a ground connection to battery/frame...and engine...wirebrush this connection to the frame down to the steel and don't forget the one goin' to the engine....all must be sparkly clean---these are the connections that need checkin'~

tho a connection may exist, not capable of pullin' those 300 or so cold- cranking-amps....too much corrosion to make a SOLID connection...never use baking soda to clean a battery, will neutralize the acids...we don't want that.

Just follow the Black Wire to the end where it connects to the frame, wirebrush it clean and re-attach it. thus.

10

thank you and i will check the connections and wire brush them. I forgot to mention earlier that my headlights will come on as well as the dash lights but other than that, nothing.

What cape_girl all by themselves...couldn't be, it isn't an automatic on is it? like the prius...damn. are they tryin' to make us lazy, iresposible...sometimes I wonder about their motivations for automatic- ifying things...what ever was wrong with pullin the light switch out? okay a chime that now's the time would be alright, but 'I'm just goin' to help myself to YOUR battery power now' seems beyond retribution.

10

lol no judge_roy, it does not have an automatic starter.

so an electrical demon is playing hell with your relays and having it come on spuriously and randomly like hershey's kisses wrapper in the electrical fusebox~