Any tips on replacing the water pump on a 2005 L300 with DOHC V6?

Asked by Feb 06, 2013 at 09:21 AM about the 2005 Saturn L300

Drain the coolant first-

Hahahaha. Yes, I guess that would be a good tip. Thanks. Any more, besides having patience? :-)

Well, I've worked on a few of these as the attempt to compete against the likes of toyota and nissan (sadly now defunct) probably going to need a 10mm swivel head socket (to reach and loosen them bolts) a wirebrush with some solvent to clean up the area where it bolts for use of the new gasket will come with the new waterpump- Of course take a look at the condition of the v-belt and replace if necessary. do not overtighten. should have 3/8 play when finished-

Outstanding. I'll have a go at it Thursday on my long week-end off.

it could very well be a 12 mm, oh you'll have a set of tools with ya- \