1990 Pontiac Firebird No spark No Fuel

35

Asked by May 17, 2008 at 11:18 PM about the 1990 Pontiac Firebird

we have changed the ecm,ignition modual,changed the security key switch with new key..
we have power going into the distibitor nothing comming out any help would be appreciated

40,305

Need more information to diagnose this, could be a lot of issues.

65

Hey Do you have fuel pressure in the rail? Do yu get a 2 second prime from the fuel pump? Do you have fule pump while you are cranking the engine over? If you unplug the 4 wire connecter from the distributer do you get spark?

165

You won't get either if your crank/cam sensors aren't up to scratch. The ECM needs to know where the engine is in order to fire the ignition and injectors.

70

have you tried a new rotor, it could be carbon tracked

35

Not saying this is your problem but I have seen a problem like this before and it was a bad system ground. You have several ground legs on any wiring harness so just to rule this out double check them all.

6,435

also, does your ignition relay click on?

31,075

scratch this one unless u have the 3.8L turbo. its the only engine that has either sensor bc it is a distributorless ignition system. on a distributor ignition system the sensor is in the distributor aka ignition control module. try replacing that

25

have you checked the crank sensor and wires

11,015

Just keep throwing parts at it you will find it eventually :) You need to check for power at two places at the coil and the power lead to injectors The you need to see if fuel injectors are getting pulsed by the computer (noid light ) Scan the car and check to see if the security system is seeing the correct key ( Was it coded for the car ) While scanning the car check check for codes.If the TPS switch shorts to 5.0 volts it will go into Fuel/Cut ( Clear Flood ) will stop injector pulse. If all is good I would say that the Stator pole piece is bad not sending the engine rotation signal to the Ignition module. Good Luck