I have a 2001 Pontiac Montana the gas gauge hasn't worked since I bought it. But now it won't take gas. When I try to pump gas into it only shut the pump off or spit the gas back out.

Asked by Jan 10, 2014 at 07:25 AM about the 2001 Pontiac Montana

238,075

Sounds like the vent hose is blocked, have it looked at and see if you can get the gauge fixed as well. As far as the gauge not working, it could be the sending unit on the fuel pump in the gas tank, the gauge itself or a electrical/wiring issue.

245

I Agree with tom and to repair the problem the gas tank will have to be dropped , when did you buy the vehicle if the seller knew this was an issue when you purchased it perhaps they will pay for its repair...