Pontiac grand am

Asked by Apr 16, 2017 at 11:27 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Grand Am

I bought the horn  relay and put it on  and the horn
just doesn't stop blaring. What could be the issue?

125,975

So either you got a bad relay or there is a short to ground in the horn button or the wiring to the horn relay. Note this is a grounding circuit not a power circuit from the horn button to the relay.

I'm having the same problem. As soon as I touch the fuse the horn starts blaring. I bought a remote for the entry thinking that is how I could turn the alarm off, but still doesn't fix the problem. Where would I look for the ground wiring?

125,975

So yours is beeping in a continuous cycle of off and on and not steady like Janiruiz5 car was doing? If so try this: disconnect an battery cable, manually lock all the doors but the drivers from the inside, with keys in hand close and with the key manually lock the drivers door, reconnect the battery, and if the horn does not go off then with the key unlock the drivers door and see if the vehicle will start, if it does then you have successfully reset the security system and that should be it, however if the horn starts to blow as it did before then there is a high probability that A- one or more of the door switches have failed, B- a security system wiring problem is present, C- key chip has failed and will need another and have it reprogrammed, usually at the dealer, uggh