Pontiac Grand Am SE1

Asked by Nov 26, 2014 at 09:32 AM about the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am SE1

I have a 2000 Pontiac grand Am SE1. I went out to my car this morning and when I pressed on the brakes they went right down to the floor. And when I opened the door and pressed on brake pedal I heard a hissing noise from the back of the vehicle. is that a brake line busted or a caliber out? And then my brake light came on

Thoroughly inspect everything..look on the ground, in wheel (yes, you really should jack it up and take wheel off, brakes are life-and-death) and look for brake fluid. It is clear new, oily to the touch but on a 2000 model car can begin to darken. Re-fill master cylinder with brake fluid, get a helper and one of you step on pedal and the other watch for source of leak ...if any

19,580

Ditto what Fordnut said. If you live where it snows it very well could be a steel brake line under the body. Then tend to rot over the years. Look at the rest of them as well and make sure they are all good.

115

I would say you have a bad wheel cylinder and also I would check your master cylinder too.

90

i would say your master cylinder went out oops