Where can I find a repair manual for a 2004 Pontiac Grand AM?

Asked by Jul 06, 2013 at 07:24 PM about the 2004 Pontiac Grand Am

My power steering went out and I it is full of fluid. I need to know if the power steering pump has a belt and where to find it.

Auto Parts Stores (i.e. Pep Boys) or eBay would be good places to look for a Chilton or Haynes Repair Manual for your car.

The power steering pump should have a belt on it- that is what drives it and pumps it up- since you know that it has fluid you have found the pump- the pump has a pulley on it and on that pully should be some kinda belt being driven off another pully, usually on the bottom front of the engine- now, if your car has a serpentine belt (a single belt) instead of 3 or 4 V belts, I'm gonna start gettin' real confused here, little missy, and the old man will have to go take some of his medications- let me know 'bout the belt

Check with your local GM dealer. Your Grand Am MAY have been involved in a recall which addresses a binding upper steering shaft. BTW you have a serpentine belt. This is one belt that runs all of your accessories (power steering, alternator, water pump, and air conditioning compressor). Is your battery light on? If so your belt probably broke and fell off. This belt is located on the right (passenger's side) of the engine. You'll see some pulleys. That's where the belt should be. HTH. -Jim