same as the other cant tell the difference

25

Asked by Feb 10, 2008 at 11:02 AM about the 1990 Nissan Maxima

no makings to tell the differences. mine has digital read out on the dash ( speedometer, odometere, gas gauge, ect., even climite controls) and has the sonar suspension II controls are these found only in one or the other. it does have an auto tranny

i would say that is the opitions on all,standard equment.

10

i posted a response to the other guy also...there are no markings to indicate which model you have.....you have the "GXE" model. the "SE" or "Sport Edition" was manufactured with a 5 speed manual tranny and was not produced with the Sonar Suspension. The suspension option was produced on the GXE to give drivers the option of driving comfortably under normal use or ride more stiffly for hugging those tight turns. The GXE in Sport mode still did not handle as well as the "SE" as the option added weight and changed the weight distribution slightly. "SE" maximas of that era were not manufactured with automatic tranny's either. the "SE" model's guages were white faced and more accurate analog for intense shifting. the digital display would take a few milliseconds longer to display shift information while racing and nissan felt it was more "sporty" to give the car a more authentic sport appearance and opted to go with the analog white faced guages. the digital option was considered a luxery option and was more for cosmetic purposes than anything else.