I have a 1997 Mitsubish Montero Sport and I replaced my alternator today and all of sudden the SRS light came on and my interior lights will not turn on. Also when I drive the car it will not build up speed. I can drive it but it will to build up speed for take off. Could it be I blew a fuse or something else?

5

Asked by Mar 04, 2015 at 12:21 AM about the 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

I had problems earlier this weeks with my battery so I bought a new one and then my
alternator went out. I replaced them both and then all of a sudden my SRS light came on,
the interior lights will not come on now my car will not build up RPM speed. I can put it in
second gear and it works fine could have blown a fuse??? HELP PLEASE

20

I have an 02 Montero Sport ES 3.0L 2WD, I dont know if it would be the same problem but I recently had this done. I have 118K miles on it: the cam shaft and o-rings were leaking and causing the oil to drip into the alternator and short them out. I have purchased 4 alternators over the course of the 5 years that I have owned this vehicle and went through 3 mechanics to finally figure out the problems. It cost about 1700$ to fix.

This is very very common and happen to me as well aftermarket alternators at times are just garbage and either do not work at all or they will work intermittently I simply bought a remanufactured OEM alternator and everything works perfectly but issues you're having and the combination of symptoms sounds very much like a bad alternator or battery or both I would guess it's likely the alternator especially if you charge up your battery all the way over there the following day it will start and run great for a while but eventually as the battery wears down due to the alternator not working properly or at all these issues come back hope it helps

What's the problem what fuse is for my turning fuse an cirgret lighter an my radio