my montero sport wont start

Asked by Nov 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM about the 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

my Montero sport wont start, it tries but it wont catch. its like its not getting gas. this is the first time it has done this. it started this morning then died

https://www.google.com/#q=2000+mitsubishi+montero+sport+fuel+pump+rel ay&tbm=shop&spd=14874332072316800546

the fuel pump relay ain't seein enough power to stay engaged....get a NEW battery....wirebrush the 1/0 battery cable as it attaches to the frame/chassis....your relays are not seein' enough voltage to stay engaged~

git 'er started yet?~

take your time~

20

There are a number of conditions that can cause a non-start/no run condition. The crankshaft sensor, ignition coil, MAP sensor, and distributor (if it has the camshaft sensor built-in as most Mitsu's do). The first thing to check in the throttle body, remove any sensors installed in it and clean it with solvent throttle body/carb cleaner, clean any sooty sensors and ensure the throttle body position sensor spring works. Put the sensors back with a slight tension on the throttle position sensor just like the old came out when you removed the mounting screws. If that doesn't work, proceed to diagnose using a OBD II Fault code reader such as an Actron or Sears cheapie. Respond the fault codes and replace parts as needed. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY or you will lose all the stored fault codes, if the car doesn't start.

40

same problem with my montero it wont start be i can here the relay clicks on and off. so why it wont start..

10

Have the same problem it swings but it don't start

hello i have montero sport 2002 while i am on holiday my little son change the battery but he replace the battery wire wrongly now does not start and no light in dashboard i have checked all fuses OK, could you help me please

how can i bleed my jets on my car

My montero sport has a knocking sound in the engine but i dont know what is it and the cause of it can you please help me