im losing battery charge. Its has a new battery and alternator. Why am i losing power?

Asked by Apr 26, 2016 at 01:36 PM about the 1967 Chevrolet C/K 10

1,120

check your alternator.. maybe alternator not charging..

Its brand new as well.

11,015

Probably a parasitic draw, why did you change the Alternator no output? was it bench tested or did you check it at the battery for 13.2-14.8volts..how long does it take to discharge the battery overnight or in minutes or hours? I suggest checking ALL grounds and connections AGAIN

the battery has some charge. The lights turn on. Not enough charge to turn the trunk on. it turns over very slow.

11,015

If your not sure how to check or do some basic testing, with a multimeter or don't have one. It's best to have it looked at. You can spend a lot time guessing. Tell the shop you want 1.The battery load tested. 2.The alternator output checked 3. check for parasitic battery (draw) drain. 4.starter circuit voltage drop test . ASK HOW MUCH

Best Answer