I used unleaded regular fuel but the car is meant for supreme!can my car be revived???

Asked by Jan 30, 2015 at 08:44 PM about the 1994 Lexus SC 300

Car turns over but dies after 2 secs.i put
supreme in and it drove for 3miles and it
died again.cranked it up next morning and
let it idle for 40mins then turned it
off,cranked it again and let it idle for 20mins
and it cut off again!now im back to square
one

60

octane boost or maybe or Lucas

Thank you i'll try that!

35,315

Putting regular fuel in a car that requires premium will not cause it not to start and run. I have 3 vehicles that require Premium (Supreme) and they all have had regular in them at one time or the other with no ill effects. I just don't drive them hard when the have regular in them. Did you perhaps put diesel in it? Did the fuel have water in it? Do not buy octane boosters as they only raise the octane slightly. They are a total waste of money.

60

Driving them hard doesn't matter Bob its the higher octane the car needs so raising the octane slightly is the purpose and also try to get the bad gas or lower octane higher with the least amount of money was my thoughts but Bob may know better. hope this helps and good luck ill move on.

60

and yes Bob lower octane (reg.) then the car requires could stop it from running depending on if you got NAME BRAND GAS or got gas at the General corner gas station instead of name brand like Mobile or Sunoco...and so maybe you got lucky or maybe you use name brand gas but it can anyway good luck.

315

Premium or regular does not make any difference.I ran mercedes S class with reg. for 180K mile before selling it. It supposedly required premium. I did not find any difference. May be your fuel injectors are clogged or your fuel pump is not working right. Try FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER first, before you take to your mechanic.Did you notice that gas station quietly increased the price of premium by 40cents a gallon?