Hi all I wanted to know why my Lexis gs 300 has a ticking noise on acceleration...oil change was done and I just put in a new used tranny thanks in advance

70

Asked by Feb 22, 2015 at 09:25 AM about the 1994 Lexus GS 300

I don't know why but after tranny
replacement starter did not work

360

sounds like loose torque converter bolts, or missing starter shim.

70

Ok Runstrue here's the rundown... My tranny went up so ordered a new used tranny...took the engine and tranny apart swapped tranny put Trans fluid in torque converter put torque converter on tranny seated it and turned it till it sat all the way in put engine and tranny together loaded it back in Lexi hooked up wiring harness and hoses vacuum lines and went to start no start come to find out I needed a new starter, put the new one in it starts....ran into a problem with idle running high because somewhere down the line the throttle cable is tensioned and keeps one of the forks up causing the vehicle to idle high. Now when I drive... I have no accelaration the car moves forward and reverses and I have to mashed to has petal to the ground to get some more movement. Please help thanks in advance.

54,445

Ticking noise could be an exhaust leak. Not sure if on your vehicle if any part of the exhaust needs to be removed to install a transmission, but if it were I would look at the exhaust. Exhaust can make a ticking noise if it were a small leak.

70

Hey Bob I did remove the H exaust and catalytic converter put new gasket on catalytic converter leading to exaust

54,445

Just check and make sure the exhaust is not making the ticking noise.

70

Thanks Bob I will