Water inside my Jeep Liberty

Asked by Jul 08, 2012 at 06:29 PM about the 2004 Jeep Liberty

I have water on the floor of the passenger side only that keep reoccurring. I live in Texas so we like have no rain and the little that we do get is usually when I am home. I park in a garage at home.
Any ideas?

Have you been running your A/C? Water may enter the passenger compartment between the HVAC housing and the bulkhead. A foam seal is used to seal the heater housing to the bulkhead. Condensation from the A/C evaporator can run along the evaporator drain tube and enter the passenger compartment if the seal between the HVAC housing and the bulkhead is not sealed properly. This will result in wet passenger compartment carpet when the air conditioning is operating. If this is happening try to seal that area off with silicon sealer. The actual drain can be cleaned out with a thin coat hanger going into the hole and trying to clear that passage. In the worst case we have to remove the hvac housing and clean out debris.

Yes, I run it everytime I am in it. I will check into this, thanks.

When you open the sunroof you see in the front side at the corners 2 holes. Those leading to 2 pipes that the water drains out. The same is on the back 2 corners but to have access to those 2 is more complicated, you must open rear door, uninstall the upper tuner that seales the door and remove the 2 screws of the hand handler then you will have access to the rear pipe, do the same from the other side and clean everything. If you use compressed air be careful not to pump out the pipe from the holes. Please inform other people that leaking sunroof is mater of clean those 4 holes that drains out the water. Sunroof rubber is not a water resistant sealer but water phobic. Sorry for my bad English I am Greek. If this worked for you repost it in other forums to let other people know and please tell me too at my mail zigourisn@gmail.com