I ran my car out of gas I sensed put gas in it via a gas can but now it just keeps cranking cranking it won't catch. Any suggestions?

Asked by Oct 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM about the 1995 Buick Estate Wagon

1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate
Wagon

104,085

With in tank fuel pumps the fuel keeps the pump cool as it works. Sounds like your pump might have gone bad (got to hot) when you ran out of fuel. Check fuel filters to insure they are not stopped up due to trash in the bottom of the tank. Also check for fuel pressure at the engine.

the thing overheats and fails when it goes dry...there is nothing we can do except replace it~ good call on the filters dandy~

1,225

The first thing to do is to verify that the pump is dead. Disconnect the fuel line at the input side of the filter. Have someone turn on the ignition, and see if fuel comes out. If so, the pump is good. If not, there's your diagnosis. If it does, then do the same at each joint in the system as you move towards the engine. That will pinpoint exactly where the problem is.

Now I would have to say the fuel pump relay is a prime suspect~ https://www.google.com/#q=1995+Buick+Roadmaster+Estate+fuel+pump+re lay&tbm=shop

345

You probably have air lock in your fuel lines. Read manual how to safely purge it. And other option is to take air cleaner cover off and squirt fuel injector starter fluid directly in to open buterfly. Hope this helps Steva

Love the Roadmonster with wood panel sides...I want one~ comfort and luxury...that's seems to be what it's about these days~