Wipers don't work

10

Asked by Nov 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM about the 1998 INFINITI I30

I just purchased this 98 Infiniti about a week ago. the wipers dont work. i changed the fuse. it did not solve the problem. is it the wiper motor, the wiper switch in the column? how can I find out before buying either one.

I believe it is the end of motion cam has either gone out of position or has stuck in the Park position....you could try to put the speed to high...step out and see if you can physically move the wiper...do not have your fingers in that because it is going to spring into motion...my MINI cooper does this....just a little hitchy...it goes away~....hopefully forever...better than stopping into the park position blockin' the view....most times just like to use rain-x for it's anaerobic properties~....most times you won't need to use your wipers with this stuff installed~

10

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try. rain-x was a thought.

5,990

1998 it is the wiper motor . Plus check and make sure it is grounded good. Most likely the wiper motor is bad though

Best Answer Mark helpful
5,990

What Roy are you a sells man now?

10

Thank you, ill start pricing motors

just fixed this issue on my friends 1998 I30. First, if you step outside and put your head down to the hood, can you hear the motor working when you turn them on? If the wiper motor is going, then it's the wiper arm linkage that has come unattached. We were able to fix this after taking off the drip guard cover and reaching in to reattach the linkage. Didnt have to buy any parts at all. However I wont be surprised if this fails again sometime down the road. The part didnt seem to be well made.