my ford focus 3 years old wont start its not the battery and wont go with a push - also the radio doesnt light up for us to re-code could it be a fuse?

60

Asked by May 10, 2013 at 01:33 AM about the 2011 Ford Focus

Recently we bought my parents car which they had from new its 3 years old and been on the drive for 2months we tryed to start it but would only start with a jump start my son made the mistake of switching it straight off -now it wont start we have changed the battery tryed pushing it as lots of people saying could be the starter motor all that didnt work when you put the key and turn fully all the dash lights stay on except the radio doesnt like up for us to re-code - its got to be something simple? could it be a fuse? or can you advise what it could be as we havent a clue about cars Thanks Cheryl

2,165

your imobiliser circut has tripped might need reseting by a dealer

60

Ok thank you, does the imobiliser circut have a fuse? if i got a mechanic out would he be able to do this on the drive as it currently has no tax or insurance hense why it wasnt being used

2,165

the imobiliser system is intergrated into the loom and ecu if your mechanic has a laptop and correct cables and software then he can do a master reset and your car should be a runner again main fuses are set in the engine bay fuse box i think it is a 30 ampare for the ecu

2,165

you could also try disconecting the battery for 15 mins and reconect it to try to force a reset

25,965

If it were the security the motor would spin it just wouldnt start

60

Hi thank you for all your advice the mechanic who came out changed a small purple fuse and bingo it worked! The radio still isnt on but he said he will sort that on a later date as its behind the dash and he came out foc and fixed it foc so now i will always use his garage so when hes got time i will call in for him to sort the radio But thanks for all your advice much appreciated Cheryl

80

What fuse did he change? I have the same problem.

60

A small purple one under the bonnet

140

I have a 2010 for focus that wont start either, brand new battery, all lights come on dash lights up, car just wont turn over. I heard something about the anti theft system, does anybody have any information please.

I have the same issue 4 weeks after a flood. I have correct voltage at the battery to my grounds to my starter to my relay to the signal cable that goes from the relay to starter And nothing. I found out that under the hood there's a fuse spot 19 its missing and has 1 prong in it. That prong has power.. but nothing in the slot next to it.. i have replaced everything BUT the fuse boxes(under the hood and in tbd car).. and Google sucks ass when trying to find a fuse lay out.May i add my clutch sensors are fine since i have signal going to the starter. And ignition is totally fine. Does anyone know what Fuse 19 is under the hood for a 2010???

Problem solved: We had the same/similar problem. It would start just fine, then, then randomly not start. All the relays were working, had a good battery etc.. I decided the starter was the problem, started to pull it out and found that the mounting bolts were loose! They were just loose enough to prevent the starter from grounding to the engine block. I tightened them up and BAM! Starter problem solved. It's been at least 2 months with no phantom problems.

10

This happened to my 2014 ford focus. I turn the key nothing. No noises.. Then i turned it again it started, then few days after it wouldn't start. So i had it jumped, then the horn doesnt work or key fob doesnt make beep noise when locked. Checked fuse, still doesnt work. When you press horn makes click noise.