2002 Hyundai Santa Fe - Crankshaft Position Sensor Broke OFF IN BLOCK!!!!

Asked by Dec 03, 2015 at 12:25 PM about the 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe

I'm really thinking about blowing this car up and selling the stock video to Hollywood.  So, the car started to shake and jitter and my check engine light came on, I had it scanned and they tell me it's the crankshaft position sensor.  Ok, no big deal.... I THOUGHT!!!  First off, the thing is impossible to reach, buried under the block by the starter and the oil filter.  Ok, so after a day of getting to it, I finally remove the bolt holding it in place and pry it out, only one problem, THE FREAKING THING BROKE OFF INSIDE!!!  So, I researched online and read about people knocking it into the oil pan with no ill effects.  So I try it.  After about 3 hours off chiseling at it and my hand experiencing pain I never knew existed, it has barely moved.  How did they do it!?  I am calling BS, because this is retarded at this point.  The room they give you is only enough for one hand and I don't have a screwdriver or drill that will fit inside of it, so wtf?  How the hell am I supposed to tap it in?  What does it take, a million taps?

How much would a shop charge to remove that and add the part I bought?

66,615

This would vary in cost depending on what has to be removed to get to it,the bad is you have done beat on it and maybe jammed it worser,get it to a mechanic you can trust,and get the price before they start the work,

3,445

I would soak it repeatedly with Power Blaster then try to force a #10 x 2" hex head self drilling/tapping screw into the middle of it with a socket and try prying it out.