Static on the CD player - 2008 Greenline

Vicky Ingram

Asked by Jan 12, 2010 at 06:24 PM about the 2008 Skoda Fabia

Does anyone else have a problem with what sounds like static interrupting playback on the CD system? I've got an 08 plate Greenline, and it's really bugging me!
Sometimes it's fine, others it's not, and there seems to be no reason, although I have started to notice that if it's raining there's no problem, however that works!?

Is it something I can get my dealer to look at/replace or is it something to put up with?

Any thoughts gratefully recieved.

Vicky Ingram

Never found an answer to this, although I began to suspect it was all to do with static electricity building up on the car, as that thing with the rain really worked. Now have an updated Fabia and no problem so far...fingers crossed!