Starter

Asked by Mar 12, 2019 at 09:03 AM about the 1996 GMC Jimmy

I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy. I need to know where the starter
is located and where the fuse box under the hood is located
also. When I try to start the truck all my lights and radio
turn on but engine won't turn over. It doesn't make any
noise like it's trying to either...the only noise is from the fuel
pump. Any answers would be appreciated.

Can anyone help me with this?

10

I have a 1996 GMC Jimmy with the same problem it is your starter solenoid located on the passenger side just past the wheel underneath it runs along the frame and the crossmember It is not easy to see it and the starter solenoid sits on top of the starter if you can get in there with a little hammer you can tap on the solenoid and your vehicle will start it may take more than once so don’t be discouraged it’s helpful if you could have somebody tapping it while you’re trying to start it another way you’re able to see it is to take your front passenger tire off And there’s a rubber piece that goes around the fender wall bring that up and you could see your starter in there to the left. And your fuses are inside your vehicle driver side of the Dash along the side there’s a little cover that’s where the fuses are located.But your vehicle is doing exactly what my vehicle was doing and I’ve researched it all out and it is my starter solenoid. Doesn’t look too hard to remove the starter the bolts Are on the bottom and can be accessed underneath the vehicle. Hope I’ve explained it well enough to you I wish you the best of luck in repairing it. I will be tackling mine in the next few days If you need anymore information