How much oil do you add to the dampers?

Asked by Jul 04, 2014 at 11:09 PM about the 1977 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow

The car ran fine before adding oil, and after it sat for a couple of hours, I tried to start it and
it turns over but doesn't start.  After trying to start it a couple of times, the dampers got
very hot.  Could I have added too much oil?

33,805

Try pumping the dampers again then siphon off about 1/2 of the amount you added. See if that's the answer. IF not, add about 1/2 of an ounce. Pump. And try starting it again. FYI. A cheap Turkey baster and a few inches of rubber hose will work just fine.