How many owners of true Tempest T-37's are out there???

10

Asked by Jan 10, 2011 at 08:19 PM about the 1970 Pontiac Tempest

T-37 is not a Lemans-- It is a plain Tempest--Made by GM to get around the Insurance cost of the GTO.-- You could order all the GTO opps on it and Insure it as as a Tempest. Only 1419 where made in 1970. I have one my mother bought new.   WKYT-37

very nice i just found one in a barn been sitting for the past 15 year and is rust free i wish i knew what it was worth or i might just fix it up not sure yet im trying to find out if there is a lot of them out there mine is the 1970 pontiac tempest t-37 with 056123 miles if you have any info i would love to hear more about the car hutchinson372@gmail.com thanks

The T-37 and GT-37 was called the poor mans GTO. I have owned a 70 Tempest T-37 since 82, almost 30 years.

Hey hillbilly it looks like the T-37 fender badge in your photo is pot metal one, My 70 T-37 has a decal, I got the car when it was 12 years old so I am pretty sure its original, I can only assume that the decal is what should be on the 70. Also what is WKY?

20

I own an originial true T-37, got it from a little old lady down the street.

20

Inline 6 all original, just painted her black and named her Taylorr.

10

Sorry about taking so long to answer the questions, been layed up with a stroke. The emblems are suppost to be a Decal on both frt.fenders and the R-side of trunk lide. Not avalible at time of our repaint. had to use1971s from Year-one. Looked for 5 years and only found 1 trunk decal, haven't used it ,stays in a frame. The pontiac emblem on the trunk took 2 years-- found a new one in Austrailia and a used on in Montana. Would like to find a trans support cross member for her. ( Mabilene ). PHS has no info on the T-37. I lucked up An had a sisterinlaw who was a wheel at GM and located some people connected with the T-37. If anyone would like copies of my GM E-Mails contact me at bluegrassklassics@yahoo.com an send pictures of yours. Any new questions I will try and answer quicker.---- Hillbilly

10

Hello again, To answer a coupel of Questions : 1. They are the same size as the Tempest-Lamans-- GTO 2. They are a1970 1/2 Because of the Insurance rates on the GTO that came out the first of 70. 3. About the # of cars I was told that GM didn't keep totals like that in 1970 on any of their cars That is why PHS has nothing except on the GTO. I have noticed that the serial# at even close. Hillbilly

5

I own a 71 t-37 2 door post coupe. I bought it from the original owner in 2000, ready for the junk heap. I since then restored it.

I purchased a 70 T37 in 2002. It's a 350/350, w/buckets and tilt wheel. Column shift. Non A/C. Has side vents. Metal (pot metal?) emblems on fenders. 140K car. Still needs restoration. Excellent example posted. Plan to repaint white w/blue pearl and make into sleeper type muscle car. Complete by 2017. Will repost at that time.