I need to put a different lift gate on the back of my van but am not sure where to unhook the wiring

Asked by Dec 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM about the 1992 Dodge Caravan

I broke the window out of the rear lift gate of my van and got a lift gate from the salvage yard to put in but I am not sure how to unhook and rehook up the wiring.

I would just put the new window in from the salvage liftgate. It's going to be much better than trying to replace the whole thing. The wiring going into the liftgate should be visible once you pull the interior panel off -- you'll have to unplug everything and then carefully thread it back through the harness hole where the wiring enters the liftgate.