Brakes scraping

Asked by Feb 11, 2009 at 10:12 AM about the 2004 Lexus IS 200t

Hi,

When I turn right then straighten up again I get a scraping noise, this sounds like my brakes rubbing but had them check by the garage and they have told me they are fine. This noise does not happen when turning left then straightening up. Has anyone had this problem before or any idea what the problem is and how it can be fixed.

Cheers

10

Hi We had this exact same problem. Took it to Lexus and came away with brand new discs and pads. I'm afraid it is going to cost you :(

60

If u have any mechanic skills you could go into the brakes and lube them. I use motorcraft silicone grease from ford garage cause I like it but might want to use lexus reccomended silicone, and you want to put a liberal amount at all the moving points on your brake calipers and pads, but not on the friction part of the pad and rotor :), if that dont fix its not the brakes in my experience.

60

this includes your caliper slides, I have little experience on lexus but assuming it is based on conventional setups

455

You may also want to check to see if you might have a bad bearing. Jack the front end of the car up, grab the wheel, and give it a spin. If it has a grinding sound or doesn't spin freely then you may need new bearings. Also, shake the wheel. If it moves (aside from normal steering) then you may have worn tie rod ends.