My Toyota Avanza floor gets very hot. Hot enough to melt a plastic bottle. I suspect it is from the exhaust pipe. How can i sort this out?

35

Asked by Dec 23, 2013 at 04:38 AM about the 2007 Toyota Avanza

18,555

the catalytic converter may be glowing red hot, from a fault, check for codes if check engine light is on, ,heat shield may be missing above converter also

35

Thanks. There has been no engine light on at all. Although this problem has been evident since I've had the car it was worse on my last long trip. I did drive a fair distance with a faulty spark plug, couls this have been a contributing factor to the increased heat?