3/4ton dodge van

20

Asked by Feb 10, 2013 at 08:33 PM about the 1994 Dodge Ram Van

i was driving the van when it quit running,never hit anything,it stalled out,i thought it was out of gas.put in gas and it hasn't ran since.removed fuel pump bench tested it it works. no power to pump when ignition is on,and no spark off coil.ran a lead to power up fuel pump thats when i discovered no spark! what would cause both to drop out!

To begin, you have one of these: 3.9L V6 Magnum 5.2L 230 hp V8 5.2L 220 HP V8 (CNG) Magnum 5.9L 250 hp V8 which one? and maybe we can figure out wassup

David, please don't tell me that it is a fuel supply shutoff safety interlock. damn, the third one today.

this buggy doesn't have CNG. straight up gasoline. he'd have said otherwise.

Bob. Look. Up. No spark. No power to pump, the fuel pump would still have power it's shut off by an e valve

20

hey guys joe back here again. yes it was a natural gas/gas powered 3.9l v6. cng was disconnected by the utility provider who previously owned the van! i have owned and driven for 3 yrs,and was driving it when everything quit!thought i was out of fuel,added fuel and thats when i discovered no pump working,put 12volts to pump,it works and now no spark from coil!

CNG..eh, well there will not be a fuelpump, but a touchy high pressure regulator and special throttle. joedirt62 has just informed us that fuel is NOT the issue, but spark- Was it working normally when it decided to quit? open grounds do not happen by themselves as that would be my first guess- will have to anylize...perhaps a guru who's in the know about this lack of spark may chime in....anytime soon would be nice...

10

its a computer issue, had to replace mine a while back. Spent a lot of money trouble shooting and replacing parts before I found out dodge computers suck. Ordered a computer online, it took four days to arrive plugged in the 3 connectors, no problems since.