does anybody in here know what other ford vechs are changeable / match up with the late 70's early 80's fairmont for suspension parts , any info would be great , just pm in facebook ...thanks

55

Asked by Feb 07, 2013 at 09:02 PM about the 1983 Ford Fairmont

i am looking for info for other 80's cars that the front suspension parts are changeable with the fairmont

90,075

Check out the Fairmont and Mustang part numbers at RockAuto.com to see if the they are the same. --- "The Fairmont and Zephyr marked the introduction of the long-running Ford Fox platform, used for a wide variety of later models. Those most closely related to the Fairmont included the 1980–1982 Ford Thunderbird, the 1981–1982 Ford Granada, the 1979–1993 Ford Mustang (and 1979–1986 Mercury Capri), and the 1982–1987 Lincoln Continental."

5,975

Or Jarvis, you could checkout Ford forums Online at http://www.fordforumsonline.com/forum/ford-fairmont/. There you will find a forum dedicated strickly to the Fairmont. There is a bevy of information on that site for any Ford Fairmont and Futura / Mercury Zepher and Z-7. owner. You can also checkout http://fairmont302.aforumfree.com/ Both of these forums should help you out alot with your suspension needs. If this helps, Please help me out too by marking my answer as BEST ANSWER or atleast as HELPFUL as that raises my expert score. Good Luck. Kenny/MrBlueOval

265

any midsize ford and mercury from 78-93

7,915

Dylan: Sorry, but you are way wrong there. 78-93 covers several generations of mid sized cars, from the full framed V-8 Cougar/LTD II/Thunderbird right through to the front wheel drive, unibody Taurus/Sable. Front end/suspension parts will be the same for the Ford Fairmont, Mercury Zephyr, and Ford Thunderbird (1980 -82 only) The 83 and up may well be the same, but there was a lot of re-engineering done to the cars for the 83 model year. Certain Mustang parts will interchange as well but specifics are a matter for the Hollander's book.

265

trust me any REAR WHEEL drive midsize car stuff will fit trust me i have done it on my fairmonts the

7,915

Dylan: The 77-79 mid-sized cars were full framed, with double wishbone front suspension with recirculating ball steering. The Fox platformed cars are unibody, with McPherson strut front suspension and rack and pinion steering. NOTHING interchanges. Any of the Fox platform cars, yes, but not the full framed ones. They are much more akin to the early Panther platform cars.

165

List of all Fox Chassis or Interchangeable Parts 1978–1983 Ford Fairmont 1978–1983 Mercury Zephyr 1979–1993 Ford Mustang 1979–1986 Mercury Capri 1980–1988 Ford Thunderbird 1980–1988 Mercury Cougar 1980–1981 Ford Durango 1981–1982 Ford Granada 1982–1987 Lincoln Continental 1983–1986 Ford LTD 1983–1986 Mercury Marquis 1984–1992 Lincoln Mark VII I have '98 Mustang GT front and rear suspension, brakes, steering, and sway bars on my Fairmont.

165

You can see more info here : http://fast-fairmonts.weebly.com/index.html