what year wre the amc hornet sst made?

485

Asked by Aug 02, 2013 at 07:12 PM about the 1970 AMC Hornet

from what i belive is the car had a 360 engine amc ralley wheels dual exhaust posi trec rear end 2 door coupe and i think a stock hood scoop very very fast vehicle

25,605

The SST was available from 1970 - 1972. The Hornet was a solid, well-built car...My Dad had one and it was like being in a mini tank...They don't build like THIS anymore! Check out this Wikipedia write-up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Hornet

145

The SST version had higher bases, but not all were 360. SST was simply a model name, and the base motor was a 232 in 70. In 72 all hornets were SST I think, and it was dropped in 73. You may be thinking of the Hornet SC/360 which was a special edition car

485

Thankyou ryanpiercycr,I am thinking of the sc-360.Those cars hauled A--!!!Thanks for your answer!!

145

Glad to help. If you are looking for one I wish you luck, nice car. RP