84 k30 w/454cid w/carb & elec.ign. suddenly started missing on all cylinders.

175

Asked by Sep 21, 2014 at 08:04 PM about the 1984 Chevrolet C/K 30

Misses for about 20miles then runs good for about 20 miles has been doing
this for a month now its gotten so bad I can't drive it.. In that time I haves
replaced/wires, plugs,

36,015

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? How about a part of the intake system that is lose or has a gasket leaking and when the engine warms up the heated part seals it's self. How about the carburetor? Is the choke working properly?

175

I have. Changed all vacuum hoses & fuel lines also rebuilt carb. put new fuel pump & egr valve.. Have not checked manifold & will do so.. Sometimes runs bad hot and cold.. I'll check manifold.. Thanks for your input..choke and carb working properly..

36,015

Yeah. I'm thinking that the manifold is the next logical place to look.

175

Thanks again..

16,465

Distributor? Crack in the cap causing a cross firing or no firing at all? Bad components inside the distributor? This can be removed and placed on a machine and checked real easy.

175

Thanks guys for all your answers.. I found the problem , a small piece of rubber off the old in carb. Filter got wedged in the carb. Floating around plugging things up willy nilly.. But thanks again..