73 wont go into gear

Asked by May 04, 2015 at 07:00 PM about the 1973 Chevrolet C/K 20

I bought a 73 c20 chevy . the truck has a 500 catty motor in it but I think its a 350 tranny.
The fly wheel is bolted up and the tranny shifts but won't go into any gear. I checked the
fluids their good. Still nothing. I adjusted the linkage still nothing. Its shifting but feels
strange on the colum like its not right. Any advice?

8,055

With the truck off have someone physically look at the shifter mechanism on the side of the trans to see if it moves when you move the shifter.

28,045

if the selector is moving at the outside of the trans then it time to look inside the pan.check your selector shaft and lever that touches the rooster comb.

F it time for a 350 with trans running I found on Craigslist. Good build. This guy went all out. Won't say who or where. Butt I can say its worth the price I talked him down to. Lol. The 73 has a newheart. Thanks for your help guy. I appreciate it. Very helpful in the long run. Seriously tho thanks man.

8,055

I guess that's one way to fix it.