1985 mark vII

Asked by Jul 09, 2011 at 02:44 PM about the 1985 Lincoln Mark VII

I just bought a 1985 Mark VII with 50,000 original miles. except for the leather seats (which are pretty torn up) it is in remarkable condition. I only paid $700 for it, so buying new seats doesn't hurt so bad. Can anyone steer me in the right direction for seats and interior parts? (I.E. molding, trim, blah, blah, blah)

195

Try junk yards in your area, and ebay. The engine and transmission will last forever if well maintained. In another five to ten years, it will increase in value.

Thanks... My son is 13, so I promised him the car when he graduates HS. He thinks it is a bad assed driving machine, but he has expressed an interest in "pimping it out". For me stock is fine. I 'll upload a picture when I have a chance.

195

Kids do like to pimp out their cars. I suppose I would have too if I was a kid nowadays. In the old days we settled for dual exhausts, porta-walls and skirts. The interior of my Mark is pretty good, but some of the trim is corroded, even though it seems to be made of plastic. I'd like to see your car. Dave

45

Go to dragtimes.com