1989 Mark VII LSC Head lights?

Asked by Aug 26, 2011 at 03:12 PM about the 1989 Lincoln Mark VII

So I just bought my first VII a couple days ago, and it's in pretty good shape, but I noticed a
few things:
1. The High Beams will not stay on, I'll pull back and it will click and the light by the automatic
light shut off will turn on indicating that they are on, and they brights will come on, but as soon
as it clicks they go off. Not sure why this is happening?

2. The instrument panel (speedometer, tachometer) will not light up when the lights are on,
but I've noticed they glow very dimly, not bright enough to see clearly but you can tell that the
lights are on. I went to turn up the panel dim only to find that the panel dim wheel spins freely,
seems to have broken... Any ideas on that?

235

1. Did you check and see if the automatic dimmer is on and is it adjusted properly? 2. Sounds like you are in need of a panel dim switch and since they; panel dim; and Hi Low beam/ dim adjustment is in the same switch group that may solve both your problems.

35

Problem seems to be auto dim switch

I have a1989 Lincoln mark and have problems with my panel ligths i checked my fuse jit good and they will come on with the door handle then cut off with a chick off and i checked my dimmer switch is good. Could you help