gas tank leak for 1929 model a

Asked by Dec 24, 2010 at 11:45 PM about the 1929 Ford Model A

my gas tank just starting leaking and i am at a loss on what to do. i can't seem to find another one. i have found saddle tanks for the running boards on ebay - can i add these to my car and just bypass the original tank.

would that look awful. thanks edcianci@yahoo.com

You can get a gas tank repair kit at any parts store.

20

I have a very good tank for a 29 model a. I have been debating cutting the bottom out of it for more room behind my dash but just havent been able to bring myself to destroy it. I would sell it to you for whatever it cost me to replace with something else plus shipping of course. Wayne bandit16t@yahoo.com

i ended up finding a good one - i appreciate the offer - i still have the old one and maybe someday i will get it fixed as a spare. lately i have been thinking of just selling the 29 as i never use it. thanks ed

I am also keen to buy a tank.. I need the same in India for Ford A type.. The tank fits in between the engine and the front passenger seat..Can some one help me in getting one...