My upper radios hoes when out some replaced it and my car hasn't cranked since, I've changed the fuel pump cause that's what my Machinic said and got an whole new tune up. It still cranks but no start

Asked by Apr 23, 2015 at 07:11 AM about the 1982 Mercury Marquis

What can it be? Crankshaft sensor?

Its actually at 98 grand Marquis. I also strayed starting fluid in it and it couldn't stay in for 3 sec

& changed fuel filter

257,525

Check all your wiring connections, especially around the upper hose, something must be disconnected when work was performed. I would have only changed the fuel pump, if the car was cranking and would start and no fuel pressure. Since it doesn't crank, it is ignition related. Check the battery cables, ground wires, ignition system, starter wires, etc.

135

Like Tom said ^^^ check all hoses. Mine vehicle did the same thing and my intake hose had a little split in it which kept it from starting.