what GURU here will answer Every Question?

Asked by Jun 18, 2013 at 04:50 PM about the 1966 Chevrolet C10

...to be an ON DUTY car guru, one cannot stray from tricky questions, but will dig
deeper...into the web, into forums to come up with an answer...the quality of the answer
will be only as good or better than the interpreted information~...one who will take the
opportunity to break new ground and be not afraid of the NEW technology will accel...just
how brave are you?

yes...I'll tackle ANY job, just as my time as a non-ASE Sunday mechanic in Berkeley taught me, the customer will get towed in, riding with the tow driver and will LORD above you the entire time to watch you diagnose what went wrong...then have a snack while you put the new timing belt and tensioner on...any model any make...afraid of no job...is what I learned the HARD way~

you could still get machine shop service on Sunday in Berkeley, so that clutch job, and brake rotors, drums can be back in service before the cows come home~

23165 did not happen because I spent time at the watercooler~ I am here, ready to try'n help...et vous?

was actually stumped by a 5 cylinder Audi with a bad Thermo-time switch...such a unique item is difficult to diagnose if you've never seen one before in your life~....oh well live and learn~

Not I, not every question, no way no how, BUT I have dealt with a 1984 Audi Quattro inline5 that in 1990 my then 4 year old son decided to 'fill 'er up. With the garden hose. The wife (also at the time) pulled the hose out and proceeded to drive away. I spent $1500 on an entire new fuel injection system, but she was never the same. The wife and the car both.

Best Answer
210,865

Your the man Bob! Keep up the good work! I can't answer every question, pick up my slack.

as having tried film major in College...Give it the old college try...yes, I tried college...bout the time digital media was replacing film...and yes went to technical school, became a proficient Draftsman, just before it was replaced with CAD drafting....ooooey and phoooey~

24,115

LOL...I have a 9-5 job, so there's NO way I'll be here to answer every question (plus, I don't have the expertise to answer ALL of the questions anyway..even if I WAS home all day!). I try to hop on before & after work (sometimes during my lunch break too) ...You do a pretty good job at tackling some of the tough questions that I'm clueless about...Keep it up, Judge Roy:)

...let me guess Racer_X does something Automotive related...but an office job with a tie and watercooler and office girls~

24,115

Nope @ Judge Roy....I am in a healthcare related field (which is my true passion...cars are a very close 2nd)....but.. Subaru's USA HQ is just a few miles from my house, so I ever want to change fields, I could check them out maybe...lol

...wow Racer_X, your is a profession where you HAVE to get along with people all the time...steer clear of the sharp ear, and keep a sharp eye out for those that will waste your day tryin' to "sandbag" their way through the day...yeah, been in similar creepy officey people who ain't doin' their job type environment as well...at least there is a modicum of urgency there...emergency rooms are off the hook!