Price to sell Jeep

Asked by Jun 15, 2009 at 07:17 PM about the 1982 Jeep CJ7

I have a 1982 Jeep CJ7 that was restored and has not been taken care of.  I really need to sell it but have no idea how much to sell it for.  It ran when I got it back from my ex but has been sitting for a little over a year.  Any suggestions?

35

Personally I wouldn't let it go for less than $2,000. If it has anything added at all, like bumpers, nerf-bars, header exhaust, you are talking $500+ for each. If it has a straight 6, this all applies, if it is the AMC V8, with manual transmission, that is more +. A beat POS starts at $2000. With a fiberglass replacement body, and decent suspension parts, transfer case, this is upwards of $5,000 vehicle. If it hasn't run in a few years, who cares. It only means that the mileage is lower. This is a vehicle that is appreciated by a specialized people. It is valuable to those people, and scary to others. Those people will pay for a decent copy, because they know what the short-comings and the positive attributes are. I hope that this is helpful.

It is a straight 6. I bought a back seat for it. It has padding on the roll bars (is that what nerf-bars are?). I have a bikini top for it and it has chrome wheels. The floor is rusted almost through and there are some major rust spots on the rear quarter panels. Also needs a new windshiled frame. My ex has no appreciation for the "finer" things in life LOL.