How much should I pay for a 1984 Jeep CJ7

Asked by Jul 19, 2016 at 11:40 PM about the 1984 Jeep CJ7

I'm looking to buy a car online, and I found a 1984 Jeep CJ7 without a price. I'd like to make a bid, but I'm not sure on average how much I should spend.

check NADA for prices

The CJs and Wranglers are expensive- because everybody wants one- I don't think they are worth it unless you really need one to go off-road or on gravel roads- or you really want to pay the premium to look cool in town- depending on the condition, you will have to pay at least $5000- for a 35 year old car!!!!!

Checking both NADA and Kelly Blue Book for prices is a good starting point but a prudent offer should be based on several other considerations such as: Vehicle's history, maintenance records, cost of operation, condition of vehicle mechanically and cosmetically including owner's manual & both sets of keys, true market value (what others in your area paid for a similar vehicle), and finally what this vehicle is worth to you - a personal evaluation with all other factors being considered.