69 Pontiac Catalina convertible.....rear courtesy lights.....back seat

Asked by May 23, 2017 at 12:14 PM about the 1969 Pontiac Catalina

restoring this car and can't find a source to identify 2 bulbs in rear seat area that are switched from driver's side (rear seat). Lights are about 12" off the ground and light the foot path for someone entering rear seats. Can't seem to find them including 2 calls to Ames. Can't seem to find in the original shop manual so may be unique to the convertibles?? The lens is about 2"X2"........There were no bulbs in the sockets  when I opened them up so nothing to match up. Thx!

109,635

I would measure the light sockets and find bulbs that look like they would fit. It might take a few tries but I don't think it will be that hard to find bulbs.

6,085

Good advice. The exact bulb type is not required but your selection will need to match the socket. Are you sure they are OE? They may have been added by a previous owner and will not be found in any manual. I don't recall any lamps like this on a 69 Pontiac.

Stock lights for sure as I saw the factory wiring when I had the carpet out recently. Thanks everyone for the help..........I'm sure I can match them up.