alternator Cadillac Seville

Asked by Jun 22, 2016 at 03:28 PM about the 1998 Cadillac Seville

I got the bolts off but the alternator still
won't come off it won't even budge. Do not
have money to take to the shop please help

Make sure you have all bolts off should be 3 maybe 4 if you have all of them give it a tap with a hammer

Well we figured it out. Turns out oys not the alternator or battery.. So kinda at a loss right now

What's it doing or not doing

well when I'm driving down the road all my lights and stuff will stop working completely but it will still drive for a little bit. it makes these weird noises like popping. and then eventually it will just die. I thought it might have been my battery got a brand new one and it still did it. Thought maybe it will be the alternator but the alternator is good. and with my car being a Cadillac is already so hard to iwork on.

Well I can say this you have short in the system Sometimes it's the security system

do you know if there is an easy way to diagnose the short?

I wish I could help you with that but I don't know But you might find it on the Internet

Alright thank u