I have a 1980 Monza is it possible to put a 350 big block in this type of car?

Asked by Apr 29, 2014 at 04:23 PM about the 1980 Chevrolet Monza

78,585

GM made a few of these with a small block V8 but I have never seen a big block even put in one, of course anything is possible with enough money.

1,435

First off a 350" V8 isn't a "big block". It's a small block like the 302, 327, 350 verity. And yes Chevrolet offered a small block in a Monza. See famous Bill "grumpy" Jenkins drag race Monza. I heard it was difficult to change spark plugs on this car because the engine was so tight. You had to jack-up the motor & or remove a front wheel / tire to get access. Note: Big blocks are 396, 427, & 454.

the big block junebuggs was asking abought may be the gm bop engine which was a big block which was used in American pontacs which may fid in the car you could get kits to but a chev big block in the Monza vega regards subieroo

85

THE BUICK, OLDS, AND PONTIAC ENGINES MAY BE QUITE A BIT MORE DIFFICULT TO INSTALL BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE TO DO ALOT OF FABRICATION JUST TO GET IT IN. THAT IS NOT A COMMON MOD. THE CHEVY ENGINES BOTH SMALL AND BIG WERE DONE MANY TIMES SO SUMMIT OR JEGS OR ANY OTHER SPEED PRO WILL HAVE PIECES AND PARTS ALREADY IN KITS.

85

I JUST REMEMBERED THE MONZA 2+2 HAD A 262 C.I. V8 AS A FACTORY OPTION.

that was 75 had the 262 option there was about 1300 California monza with a three fifty option some have put chevy big blocks in vega which they were the same under the hood