I have a 1970 MGB with wire wheels. I would like to replace the tires but I'm having difficulty finding the original size.Also, how do you determine RH/LH without whacking away with a hammer?

Asked by Oct 08, 2017 at 06:06 PM about the 1970 MG MGB Roadster

6,375

First, Dunlop, Michlean and others still makes the original size tire but be sure you have the protective boot over the spokes. Next: if you look at the knock off, it has a flat side and an angled side. You always hit it toward the rear on the flat side to remove and the toward the front to tighten.. These are designed to tighten as the car moves forward. Also if I remember correctly, there is an arrow imprint on the knockoff.

110,115

Use heavy duty inner tubes. The tire shop may have to order them but it is worth the wait.