What is the volume difference between MIN and MAX on the oil stick?

Asked by Mar 09, 2015 at 10:34 PM about the MG MGB Roadster

Dip stick is reading MIN how much oil should I add.

655

most of the time it is a quart. if i were you i would put a half a quart in it then check it. see were you are at, if it only came up half way pour the other half in it.

5,465

If I remember right, it was 2 Liters, not 1 US Quart.

655

I believe 2 liters is too much, one liter might be closer. Add a half a quart or a pint then check it. you should about how much more to put in it by how much it raised.

Best Answer Mark helpful
5,465

Glad you caught that. Just shows what not reading what you type can do. Yes, 2 liters is over 2 qt. 1 US quart equalls 1.05 liter.. Boy I was wrong on that one.

Thanks to both: Added the quart and the line moved from MIN to just under MAX.

5,465

Yes, It is a 1 liter difference since 1 US quart didn't bring it up to the line.