What is missing?

Asked by Aug 26, 2011 at 09:50 PM about the 1970 MG MGB Roadster

I was looking at a 1970 MGB Roadster and noticed what looks like something is missing.  Is there something missing; and, if so, what is it and its importance? See circled area of the photo attached. Thanks, Jim T

15

It had a hose that connected to the absorption cannister, which was part of the emissions control system. Looks like all the emission components have been removed. I copied your picture and indicated where the smog pump was mounted and where the cylinder head ports have been plugged after the air injector rail was removed. I know, because I own a 70 roadster and did the same thing when I rebuilt the engine back in the late 70s. I copied an illustration of the emission controls from online catalog at www.mossmotors.com that show all the emission controls.

Thanks.