I have 1970 maverick with a C-4 Trans and a 250 six cylender the Moulator valve isnot hooked up. I need to know do I run a hose from the valve to the where on the engine or carb for vacuum or can I ou

Asked by Oct 19, 2015 at 11:40 AM about the 1970 Ford Maverick

1,715

Its been awhile but i think you need it to a vac source the has venturi vac, what means the more RPM the more vac, you put a vac gauge on a spout on the carb and there is no vac, but when you rev it up it has vac.

do I need a stainless line or can I run just rubber hose, also on the back of the C-4 is stainless line coming from the back of the trans is this an over flow line it does not appear to go anywhere. I had the trans rebuilt about two years ago and the engine about three, I have not had the car on the road yet just getting it ready now, everything is almost new on it but have some small items to take care of so I have lots of questions to ask.

113,915

The modulator works with a loss of vacuum, so when you step on it the vacuum drops and the tranny drops to a lower gear depending on the speed of the vehicle at the time, so you need a manifold vacuum source not a venturi vacuum source.

113,915

And yes you can use a rubber hose just make sure it stays away from any heat source.

1,715

I was thinking that too after i posted my responce, Its been years since I have even looked at one. Thanks for setting Maverick on the right track

1,715

that other steel tude that goes nowhere is prob. A vent

113,915

If you mean the one that comes out of the upper side of the tranny then yes it is the vent tube.

Thanks everyone you been a great help. Now any one know where I can get a transmission dip stick mine broke and I have pieced it together but would like to get a new one. also does the gas tank require a vent hose and if so where does it go from the tank to were?

113,915

If you can't find one at a wrecking yard then try Locar for one. If it wasn't Californicated there were 2 system in play, one was the plain old vented fuel cap, the other was a small hose that ran from a vent in top of the tank and was attached to a cross rail between the frame and it has what they called a spider shield on the end of the hose, if it was Californacated then it would have the small hose that came out of the top of the tank and it ran all the way up to the front into the engine compartment where it would hook into the carbon canister and that canister would have a breather tube that went to the air cleaner assembly and a vacuum valve that would open when the engine was running. HTH