1979 toyota pickup 4wd tire sizes needed

10

Asked by Jun 24, 2015 at 07:11 PM about the 1979 Toyota Pickup

I have a 79' Toyota pickup 4wd with the factory white, 15" rims. I want to put bigger tires
for on/off road use. Any recommendations on tire sizes? I would like to order tires online
but am not sure what size. Looking for a beefy stance. Any help would be great. Thanks

98,415

Is the rig stock or do you have a lift kit on it?

10

Stock now - might lift it 3 inches - been in storage for 25 years - really clean - no bed

98,415

I would do your mods first, then you will know how much clearance you will have then you will have a better idea on width and tread you would like. If your looking for something in the meantime just to get by stick with the stock size but go with the LT series tires. I have seen these rigs run up to 33 inch boggers.

10

Assuming we leave it stock, what is a beefy size tire that we can put on the stock 15" rim

98,415

As your stock wheels are only 4.5 inches wide a really aggressive tread is going to be fairly hard to get, a 4.5 inch rim will only fit a 165 or a 175 safely, and that is really narrow. Check the tire size and rim size on it now, the rim size will be stamped into the rim, I find it hard to believe that it wasn't upgraded to the wider rim from the factory.